I am looking for the surface area, and the number of premises for each UK district. The districts should be listed with their ONS codes.
Rationale: I am trying to process and aggregate Ofcom data for mobile network coverage in the UK. For the districts of the UK, they list
- the ratio of the surface area with signal
- the ratio of premises with signal
for each of UK's four major mobile network operators (Vodafone, O2, Three, EE). Unfortunately, Ofcom doesn't mention the totals (or at least i haven't found them).
Note: The Ofcom data is actually not distributed across UK districts throughout. Instead, it uses various levels of non-overlapping administrative units:
- All districts of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- All 'Unitary Authorities' in England
- All metropolitan districts in England
- All counties in England with county councils ('shires')
- Greater London is a single row.
Luckily they are all listed with their administrative ONS codes (with the exception of greater London which is listed with an extra code '00-London'), so it should be straightforward to reproduce the Ofcom aggregation.