Currently work as a Programmer/Analyst for the Solar Data Analysis Center, mostly focusing on the Virtual Solar Observatory. Assisted with the Space Physics community's Space Physics Archive Search & Extract.
I have a degree in Information Management, and have been spending the past few years trying to bridge the library & science communities, including:
- Secretary for ASIS&T's Science and Technical Information SIG;
- Former member of AGU's Earth and Space Science Informatics focus group (but threw election for Secretary after seeing the AGU's response to the OSTP RFI on public access to publications; quit AGU when I realized they called themselves a 'publisher' and not a 'society' in that response); I ran the 'ESSI message board' at the fall meeting & circulated a petition in 2011 to 'Free the AGU Session Data'
- Participated in BRDI's meeting on Data Citation and have done a number of presentations related to the recommendation for Landing Pages.
- Currently working w/ Todd King on documenting vocabulary used to discuss scientific data systems as a side project.
- Have helped organize of the Research Data Access & Preservation summit and the DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop
Also was a municipal elected official from 2008 to 2014.
DC Metro Area
Member for 6 years, 8 months
87 profile views
Last seen Oct 24 '19 at 17:11