For a tool that I'm working on, I'd like to to distribute an example data set that is Twitter-like. Twitter's terms of service preclude redistributing their data, so I know I can't use them directly. Here is what I need:
- On the order of tens of thousands of records (if the data set is larger, I can always trim it down).
- Easily redistributed or linked to, and doesn't require a separate program or agreement for users to access.
- Includes a timestamp.
- Includes geo-location as latitude and longitude, or something similar.
- Includes hashtags or something similar. (Specifically, entries have been tagged/categorized and an individual record may have more than one tag/category.)
- Preferably, the data topic is something that is of a broad interest, but this isn't a hard requirement.
Note: Twitter technically allows you to kind of redistribute their data, but the method is not sufficient for my purpose. As I understand it, in order to do so you must distribute the IDs of the tweets, and then any user must use their API to get all of the other data about those tweets. This is too complex and time-consuming for what is essentially a demo of the tool.