I want to compare the scientific performance of different countries and/or institution via the relation of first and second etc authorship of papers in relation to the number of citations of each paper to answer specific questions.
Therefore, i need a dataset that covers the following aspects of publications:
- All author's affiliations with categorial indexing (1st or 2nd etc), including the address of the institution (just the country actually)
- Number of citations
- (Title and/or) field of study
- For a representative number of papers in as many fields as possible (e.g. Earth Sciences, Medicine, Math etc)
So the question is: Where do i get this kind of data in bulk, preferably free?
What i have tried so far:
- Web of Science, which can cover part of the information i'm looking for, but basically blocks downloading it.
- A basic crawler that scrapes the info from an individual journal's web page. However, i don't have the computing power and coding experience in this field for this to be time efficient.