I need public transport maps for all cities in the world (for reuse in an open travel guide).
- For use by tourists, typically the kind of map you would print and carry around to quickly find out what lines and changes lead you to your destination
- Details of streets are not needed, but major features (like rivers or famous landmarks) are OK
- Train, metro/subway, light rail should be shown
- Bus lines not needed if that would make the map too crowded
- Stylised map prefered, no need for geographical accuracy
- Reusable in Wikipedia: Either CC-BY-SA, CC-BY, public domain (official maps are most often not re-usable)
- Preferably as SVG
- The authority maintaining the repository should have the goal of having up-to-date maps for the whole world, not just for a particular city or country. Bonus for stylistic consistency across all maps.
This transport maps repository would be acceptable, but unfortunately it is not open.