I have a few KML files that I would like to share with the public.
Accessed via an easily sharable URL, the page must show to the visitor:
- A preview of the KML file, for instance a dynamic map if there is not too much data, or a static map if there is to much data to show dynamically.
- Links to map services integrating the data, for instance
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://example.com/thedata.kmland equivalents with OpenStreetMap, Bing, Wikimapia, etc. See here for more link examples.
- Statistics: number of points, etc.
- Buttons to download the files as KML/GPX/OSM formats, whatever the format they have been uploaded with (the platform performs the conversion, server-side)
- Show license of the file, title, description. Bonus for allowing the public to leave comments about the file. The uploader should be able to choose the license, at least public domain and CC-BY-SA should be available choices.
Must work with 100k+ locations files.
Ideally, The uploader should be able to upload in similar formats like GPX/OSM. Bonus if the platform allows visitors to download a part of the data, for instance only locations in Indonesia.
How it could look like: