I've seen a page where they describe technology along with a Vocab to describe imagery data. It allows a client to zoom into very large images which are then tiled and loaded and set focal points to define what should be seen when minimizing the image. A little bit like the HTML picture element. I forgot the name of this page. Does anyone know what I mean?

  • Do you mean tiled rendering? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiled_rendering
    – philshem
    Dec 18, 2014 at 13:25
  • 1
    If it's a web design thing, you might be better off asking the question on webmasters.stackexchange.com
    – Joe
    Dec 18, 2014 at 17:17
  • Could you please describe the vocabulary part? It would make the question off-topic.
    – Nicolas Raoul
    Feb 17, 2015 at 9:03
  • It IS a vocabulary (plus ther were working examples of this, using the vocab for a demo) as I remember it was embedded in an RDF context.
    – vanthome
    Feb 17, 2015 at 10:06

1 Answer 1


Are you referring to Focal Point?

Focal Point: Pure HTML/CSS Adaptive Images Framework

A small set of CSS classnames to help keep images cropped on the focal point for responsive designs. Using only HTML/CSS, web authors can specify an image's focal point, which stays as the image's primary focus as the image scales on responsive webpages.

If this is not what you are looking for, they also link to related resources that might be of interest to you.

  • No that's not the one. The one I mean as an extensive web page with a demo of their image viewer based on JavaScript.
    – vanthome
    Dec 19, 2014 at 15:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.