To build models to predict customer behavior, I am searching for transactional data over multiple years (i.e. > 3 years). My focus is to assess the quality of long-term predictions, thus the longer the time period the better.
Minimum requirement in terms of variables would be:
- Customer ID
- Purchase/order/transaction date
- Price of goods/services sold
In a perfect world, these datasets would be released under a GPL license and also include information like:
- Date of first purchase ever (which facilitates cohort analysis)
- Socio-demographic information on the individual customer
- Product ID, as well as further details of the products bought such as product category
Examples are manifold and include order/transaction/purchase histories from an online store, a car/bike share network, transactions from a gas station network, ...
I do know about the Superstore dataset that ships with Tableau and has 4 years of transactional data (http://community.tableausoftware.com/docs/DOC-1236). However, this is simulated data and does not show the patterns one usually observes in real world transactional data.