I currently have a long-running scrape that collects geojson data for Zürich bike-sharing. Each file is appended with a timestamp of when it was collected. The file structure doesn't change.
What's the best way to share multiple geojsons (timeseries)?
The data once packaged should be publicly available, but as individual files it's becoming cumbersome.
Some options I've considered
(current solution) One big folder in git, with individual files
- (good) Can be viewed on the map
- (bad) Needs to be downloaded all together as zip or git pull/clone
One big file with individual rows per geojson? e.g. jsonlines http://jsonlines.org/ (always updating)
- (good) Easy to parse
- (bad) Many versions of the same file will exist
Individual zips, based on time range? (no updates to historical files)
- (good) easy to understand and access
- (bad) takes time to package files
Related question, but not a useful answer: https://gis.stackexchange.com/q/131920/112869