Where can I find U.S. displaced worker data, particularly during the Great Recession? I found sets from 1995 to 2008 and 2015 to recent. However, I'm having trouble finding data for 2008-2014, particularly data at the county level. I would really like to see participation in dislocated worker programs by county. Does it exist? Any suggestions?

  • CPS Displaced Worker Supplement? I can see biennial data from 1984 to 2018 on IPUMS CPS
    – sboysel
    Commented Mar 22, 2020 at 22:08
  • @sboysel Thank you! Yes, that is exactly what I need. If you put your comment in the answers, I'll mark it as the right one.
    – daparker26
    Commented Mar 24, 2020 at 15:45
  • Glad it helps. I appreciate that!
    – sboysel
    Commented Mar 24, 2020 at 18:02

1 Answer 1


The U.S. Census Bureau's Current Population Survey Displaced Worker Supplement contains this data. There exists biennial data from 1984 to 2018 on IPUMS CPS.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.