I am currently dealing with data with many outliers and I shall not to eliminate them from the data for analytical purposes. What measure shall I use to describe central tendency of the data yet with a less sensitive measure than the mean?

Thank you in advance for your help.


Median, subsample mean, RPCA, any robust statistic operator...

New contributor
sharl is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.