Atlanta, GA has a Metro Area Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) which has information on trains, passengers, etc. Where can I find this data?
- Marta Open Data
- Archived Marta Realtime Data Note: File name times are in UTC not Eastern. Also, the marta train API is particularly flaky so trains randomly disappear and reappear and/or show only a subset of upcoming stations (ie Midtown and Five Points but not North Avenue or Peachtree Center so I’d recommend making a script to clean the data before use (and sharing that script if you make it).
- Public Transportation Association 2016 Transit Data
- Public Transportation Association Data Index
- data.gov Atlanta data
- Live car traffic data
- Code for Atlanta's list of open data
- Relay Open Bike Share Data
Source (for future updates/contributions)
MARTA's Open Data Portal is probably the best place to start. It has links to documentation for MARTA's bus and rail APIs as well as data released for their quarterly hackathons. Additionally they have a python library on github for accessing the APIs.
Additional transit information can be found through the municipal.systems API.
Code for Atlanta also maintains a more general list of open data resources that includes transit information.