I've recently been IP blacklisted from Census.gov. To dispel any possible doubt, I'm a developer using PostGIS. And a contributor to the project. When I try to access Census.gov, I'm getting
Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2016/ROADS/tl_2016_72069_roads.zip" on this server. Reference #18.23a40517.1485370813.e70dcbc
www2.census.gov resolves to
deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com which is currently hosted at 184.108.40.206. I am also getting error when I try to reach the contact us page which is even more comical, http://www.census.gov/about/contact-us.html
Is there any method to get Census.gov to remove the IP ban? Thus far, I've tried posting a question to
- The Twitter account of @usdatagov, @uscensusbureau
- The email address at email@example.com
- The phone number 301-763-9099
That raises a few questions
- Has anyone ever got un-blacklisted?
- What is the criteria to get blacklisted?
- Is there a private vendor of the census data that I can pay to get access to?